Students will complete an inter-disciplinary minor with five courses about Europe from the following fields:
Art History, Cinema, History, Literature, Music, Political Science and International Studies, Philosophy, and Religious Studies
As a core course, students must choose from one of the courses that offers a pan-European perspective, which will form the basis of the way the student shapes the rest of the minor:
- AHY 1113 - History of Western Art I
- AHY 1114 - History of Western Art II
- HIS 2202 - Formation of Western Europe
- HIS 2203 - Western Civ: 1700 to the Present
- HIS 2214 - Early Modern Europe
- HIS 2219 - 19th Century Europe: Age of Anxiety
- HIS 2220 - 20th Century Europe
- PSI 2213 - comparative Politics of Europe
No more than two courses can be from the same major. Students who study abroad will have one course waived.
In addition, students must show a level of proficiency in a European language other than English at the equivalent of four semesters of college study.